Epping Forest District Museum Local History Website
Home  |  About  |  Contact

Locations

The locations for the website have been Chigwell Mill, JP Andre c. 1837
chosen according to where the primary
schools in the district are based.

This image shows the windmill that used
to stand at Chigwell.  It was painted by
James Paul Andre in 1837. 

The first mention of a mill at Chigwell is
in the Domesday Book of 1086.  The mill
stood by a spring of mineral water which
was supposed to have a very good laxative effect!


© Copyright 2017 Epping Forest District Museum  |  Developed by Boson Media